Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Defining Ones Self Without Limits

I have been struggling with this one lately, how do I define myself without placing myself within limits of boundaries? Or do I even need to or want to do such?

I keep the saying "to myself I must be true and honest." True and honest, do I really like this activity or event because I like it or because my partner likes or it is a family event and everyone else seems to be enjoying themselves. Do I know what I like, have I given something an honest open attempt and let it engage me or just be honest and say it holds no appeal for me.

Also there are activities that I continue to do out of habit, because I have so much emotionally invested in my past participation that I find it hard to walk away from them now even though they hold little current interest for me. So when I try to step out into the world to discover new things I sometimes feel anchored by the past who and what I use to be.

I know this is not healthy for me, I can feel the conflict within myself and everyone around me tells me that it is very apparent that I seem to have a lot of conflict going on. One minute I'm happy and making positive choices moving toward my future and other times I seem stuck in emotional mud spinning my wheel, spending a great deal of effort on nothing positive.


No comments:

Post a Comment